You are looking for a PhD position? You would like to work in the field on the application of interferometric optical wavelength measurement technologies in an industrial environment?
Then become part of our team!
Position for a Doctoral Research Project (f/m/d)
The project is associated to the QLUSTER Doctoral Network (HORIZON-MSCA-DN-2021, 101072964)
This is what you have to do:
- You have the possibility to conduct a doctoral research project on the application of interferometric optical wavelength measurement technologies in the field of ultra-cold atomic systems.
- You are employed in an industrial environment in collaboration with a scientific laboratory (Tübingen, Germany). HighFinesse Laser and Electronic Systems GmbH is an internationally renowned manufacturer of commercial high-precision wavelength measurement instruments.
- You do your research in close collaboration with university groups convening within the associated QLUSTER Doctoral Network (HORIZON.MSCA-DN-2021, 101072964).
- The area of your research will cover the development of novel multi-laser frequency and linewidth stabilization schemes specifically tailored to the needs of ultracold atom applications based on, and potentially going beyond, HighFinesse’s state-of-the-art measurement technologies.
What we expect from you:
- Ideally, you bring experimental skills in the field of ultracold atomic systems,
- knowledge about fast-feedback laser frequency stabilization and as well
- expertise in computer-based automatization procedures (like signal acquisition, processing and/or analysis).
To be eligible, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- MSc in Physics (experience with cold atomic systems recommended)
- mobility rule: you have not resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months within 36 months immediately before the recruiting date.
And this is what you can expect with us:
- Gross Salary before all deductions and taxes: 3145 €/month (living + mobility allowance)
- If applicable – family allowance 660€/month
- Job-Status: Full-Time
- Contract duration: 3 years
- Primary working location:
HighFinesse Laser and Electronic Systems GmbH,
- Exciting tasks in a solid, up-and-coming technology company with flat hierarchies and in a team-oriented environment.
If you would like to contribute your know-how to our team, we look forward to receiving your application with the following documents and information:
- Your declaration of interest
- Curriculum Vitae, including marks of their BSc and MSc (40 %)
- Background in the concepts and methods of the project (40 %)
- Declaration of interest and reference letters (10 %)
- Other merits (10 %)
- Reference letter of your professor/supervisor of your BSc/MSc project
- Other documents supporting your application by showing expertise in the relevant fields.
In case of equal qualifications preference will be given to female candidates and to those of underrepresented groups and less favored countries.